ADG brass

Is brass hard to bring across the border? Never had a problem with bullets, but have always found brass domestically.

Anything I've looked into says companies can't ship it from the States to Canada (to individuals anyway), and driving it across the line is questionable to say the least. Rules seem a bit fuzzy but nothing I read says its easy and legal.

Anything I've looked into says companies can't ship it from the States to Canada (to individuals anyway), and driving it across the line is questionable to say the least. Rules seem a bit fuzzy but nothing I read says its easy and legal.

Copy that. Not worth losing 200 brass to find out...

+1 for a CDN ADG distributor!

For the guys using ADG in the 300 WM, what other brand is the capacity comparable to? Did you have to reduce charges in the ADG?

For the guys using ADG in the 300 WM, what other brand is the capacity comparable to? Did you have to reduce charges in the ADG?
For my 300wm, I run the exact same load in ADG that I ran in my Nosler brass. I had a 3 (three) fps difference in velocity, same POI.

300 Win Mag Norma, Nosler, and BHA brass are all around 215gr by case weight. ADG is right around 250gr which is around the same as Winchester and I can't remember off the top of my head(will check when I get home) but I think within 10 grains of Bertram. You should expect to be able to get more velocity from the 215 grain cases before pressure. I am still in the middle of testing but I believe the 250 gr cases have stronger primer pockets. Getting the same velocity form two cases separated by 35gr is a testament to the stability of your load. In my experience that is not typical.

Last edited:
Norma, Nosler, and BHA brass is all around 215gr by case weight. ADG is right around 250gr which is around the same as Winchester and I can't remember off the top of my head(will check when I get home) but I think within 10 grains of Bertram. You should expect to be able to get more velocity from the 215 grain cases before pressure. I am still in the middle of testing but I believe the 250 gr cases have stronger primer pockets. Getting the same velocity form two cases separated by 35gr is a testament to the stability of your load. In my experience that is not typical.
Good info there. I didn't weigh these cases, which I probably should have done, but I can't remember why I opted to skip that step. My load work up process was the same otherwise- start low and work up. It just happened that both brands of brass liked the exact same charge weight for the same bullet, and the velocities were as near identical as you could get.

It shoots good too. No brass prep. Tuning at 1000 yards. Notice the blue sharpie in the bullet holes from coloring the bullet. It works well for knowing what shots are what. You can see one yellow hole from another group as well.
338 edge.jpg

I have there 338 Edge brass and really like it as well. I have made some 28 Nosler brass out of there 300 RUM brass and want to test it soon. With ADG coming out with 7 Saum and the Nosler cases, my plate would runith over.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.