Additional high quality source for 408 CT brass

ELR Researcher

Horneber has updated their website and is now listing 408 CT (and 338 LM) brass. I contacted Huntingtons (their main US importer) and was advised, "We carry some Horneber cases, but not those calibers. We have to order a minimum of 1000 cases in each caliber."

So...if "you" (we) are willing to get something like a "group buy" going, Huntingtons can get the ball rolling. NOTE: Horneber is notorious for being VERY expensive and VERY slow in making their deliveries. That noted, listing those two cartridges certainly wasn't done for drill.

I have found that, "The Hunting Shack", is one of the best places to find ammo in most any caliber. They make product for several companies and package in both theirs and customers requests. The prices are good and they even offer special brass such as 338 Lapua in Lapua's own brass. They happen to have the 375 Chey Tac that I shoot and plenty of the 408 on hand. Really nice people and ship timely. Best of luck all.

T/H, I'm afraid I got ahead of myself a bit. I should have said will shoot, as I have the Desert Tactical HTI Chassis and ammo but I am waiting on the 375 conversion kit. The 50BMG is available as well, but can't have in California. I'm pretty excited about the project, but with the current environment, who knows what might happen. Please stay in touch, I would love to hear how it goes for you. Thanks and please forgive me.

Hi Sling:

Note that my post was from Jan 2013, not 2014.

Which site won't let you send e-mail, Horneber or HSM (I.Q.Metals)?

Horneber's e-mail setup (Contact page) also seems to be working OK - at least it will pop up my Thunderbird e-mail client.

I.Q. Metals is effectively "the" HSM website - for quite a while now.

Their brass link is I.Q. Metals Inc. - Brass

Possibly you failed to enter the CAPTCHA.

I just sent an e-mail to IQ asking when they next expect to have 375 CT brass and the e-mail went through just fine.

Thanks ELR. I need a pile of 408 & 375 Cheytac brass while their making it. I`ll try it again. I want to talk directly to Horneber not HSM.

Sling:

Re Horneber, I understand from talking to Huntington (their US distributor), Herr Horneber is not very good with English. If you have a problem getting a reply, suggest you try going thru Huntington.

BTW - for anyone wondering what I heard back (quite promptly) from IQ (regarding next availability of 375 CT Bertram brass), "I would hope/dare to say that there should be some available in a month." [Figure that's early to mid Feb, 2014.]

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.