Action recommendations- 338 win or another 338?

JBDekes

Hey Folks,
As the title states, looking for action recommendations. Would like to keep it under $850.

The goal is a 700yd MAX elk rifle that isn't terrible to pack in. The big question is .338 Win vs 338 RUM- I know the parts are different, but, it will be made in one of the two calibers, just so you have a general idea of cases.

I'm VERY partial to diy stuff as I've been taken by a few of the smiths in my area. Have built a few Remage and Savages along the way, so they are always an option, just dont care for Savage triggers.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Well you said it do you want to do it yourself that just says savage to me as far as 338 caliber I have a savage 110 FCP in 338 Lapua although you did not mention that one and I know their weakness is definitely the trigger I plan to try the jard Drop in trigger for myself soon
F8DBE481-CFAE-4331-B426-4D5304019B18.jpeg
D3B49FC5-909E-43E8-8D32-39AC7DFBD82F.png

Well you said it do you want to do it yourself that just says savage to me as far as 338 caliber I have a savage 110 FCP in 338 Lapua although you did not mention that one and I know their weakness is definitely the trigger I plan to try the jard Drop in trigger for myself soonView attachment 212330View attachment 212331
Thats a might nice rig there. Wish we could find big stuff like that in my area. How much does it weigh though? I know the few savages that I purchased new felt kinda heavy in the front, thats why they got torn down and lighter barrels installed.

Thanks, would love 338 lm but tough to want that much into components and weight if not 100% necessary.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.