Action/mag box question

WapitiBob

I have a RH Rem 700 long action, mag bolt face, hinged floor plate, currently sitting in a Mesa stock, which is cut for a Wyatt internal extended box (no idea which one, just that specs say it's cut for the extended box). I need to replace the action and am wondering if a Defiance Tenacity would drop in, and if I could use my factory btm metal and box. The action specs state it is cut for a Wyatt 300 WM box. I have no idea what a Wyatt 300 WM is, nor have I seen it described anywhere. I've sent emails but being a vacation weekend I thought I'd ask those who aren't so lucky.

Bob

When replaced, do you want a Wyatt extended box or no?

Really, any long action should interchange, but the Wyatt's box requires an action cut. Might require a longer follower. I think these come as kits.

A BDL should be cross compatible.

I'll add one if I need to. I'm wondering which Wyatt box is associated with the "wyatt 300 wm" action cut spec on the action sales page?

Good question…no idea. Can you maybe get to the 3.8" length, but not 4" with their action? I think Wyatt's makes a 4" box for actions that start as 3.8" actions, but have room to modify to 4".

I'm gonna have to call Mesa and see which "extended box" they actually cut the stock for then call Defiance and see what exactly a "wyatt 300 wm" box is; Wyatt doesn't list it.

thank you

Recent Posts