Accurate 4350

COBigJohn

Gang,

I hit four local shops yesterday hunting for H4350 and none had any in stock and none knew when they might get some.

Sportsman's Warehouse had some Accurate 4350, so after talking to their resident reloading expert, I purchased a pound. (I have had outstanding success with A2200 in my bolt action 7.62x39, but that is my only experience with Accurate Powders.)

Anyway, has anyone loaded A4350 for a .243 Win....with 95-115 Berger Bullets?

Looks like 60k psi is the max.... and the Accurate Loading Data shows 38.4 gr is the max for a 100gr Sierra SBT....getting just over 2,900 fps.

Currently I am shooting, with stability, the Berger 105 VLD. (9.125 twist at 6,200 feet elevation)

Suppose I should just work up some rounds for 36gr, 37gr, 38gr and maybe a 39gr and go see what they do. But if anyone has any personal knowledge....I am all ears.

Anyone have any experience with this powder????

Just for comparison.....The Hodgdon Website shows the following max loads:

H4350 - 37.5gr - 2,799 fps - 105gr H Amax - 49,500 CUP
IMR4350 - 40.2gr - 2,870 fps - 105 H Amax - 50,800 CUP

Big, the new IMR Enduron 4451 is between IMR4350 and H4350 on the burn rate chart. It is temp stable and I've used it with equal results to H4350. I've found it available just about everywhere here. Always start lower and work up with a new powder. It runs a couple dollars more than the IMR4350, but available. Good luck

I have used many of the Accurate powers and they have work really well for me. I use a lot of AA4350. I find that in most of my loads it duplicates IMR4350.

I have used many of the Accurate powers and they have work really well for me. I use a lot of AA4350. I find that in most of my loads it duplicates IMR4350.
yup, aa4350 is decent stuff... I've used it for a few things in the past, but I'm not currently burning any...

I'd say it's very similar to the IMR version myself, in velocity and accuracy.....hey, when you can't find anything else what choice do you really have....beggars can't be Choosey...save your $20's and when you get the chance buy an 8lber, then another...it'll show up maybe...

COBigJohn,
I share your pain, not only has H4350 been unavailable anywhere near me for MONTHS now I have been told repeatedly it wont be available any time soon. Same with Federal 215M LRG RFL magnum primers.

I tried IMR 4451 in my new 300wsm, five diferent loadings to be exact and despite IMR4451's claim to have nearly the same performance characteristics as H4350, my Tikka T3 light didn't perform any better than 1.5 MOA, not terrible but IMR4831 gave me sub-MOA very first reloading.

Per literally near countless reviews, RL-17 has been reported as THE short mag powder. It did give me very good accuracy but I got pressure signs before I could reach my target MV, it did give me a 100 yard 5 shot MOA group with a MV of 3165fps, but I had a sticky bolt. The sticky bolt continued till my MV was no faster than the IMR4831 load, so I am no longer going to use RL-17 in favor of the IMR4831 because I still have not reached book max with it and might be able to pick up a bit more MV before pressure signs show up or accuracy degrades. Tikka's have a reputation for best accuracy near or at max safe pressures.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.