Accu-Shot??

Gotta love last nights game /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

We really own the Pats now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hi Critter,

Yes I used Accu-Shot Monopod BT05 with 4.75-5.87inch, in combination with Harris Bipod, out to 500yards.
It it a fastest and easiest and ROCK SOLID REAR BASE.
I love It, I havit before another brand name I don't remember the name, but that one it was a sh... Moving from all parts.
This one is VERY SOLID, no moving parts, and easy vertical adjustment for fine elevation, just rotating it.
It eliminate completly the movement on vertical plan, the only think where you have to be carefully is on windage plane (treppidation from head rest or pression of right hand with the stock). But the parts itself is ROCK SOLID.
works very well on the fild.

THANKS
300RUM

-- 300RUM
Sir, thank you for your info. Just out of curiosity what rifle were you operating with it? Does heavy recoil affect it? again thank you!

Dear Critter,

I use Accu-Shot with a 300RUM BDL(Remington Ultra Magnum) 26" barrel, with factory stock, and a recoil pad.
The inside accu-shot body is metal, and outside is "kind of hard sponge" good for very cold weather (to don't freeze your fingers).
The bottom part what is in contact with the ground (soil) is plastic cap. (this one if you shoot from very abrasive area) like gravel, rocks, can got screatches.
The part what is in contact with your stock is metal, and have stick to it one piece of leather, for protecting your stock. (So if you have in plan to sell your stock , is looks like new, without damage.
Advise: if you decide to get one, please get with double locking system (one locking system is for fixing Accu-Shot in rock solid position) and the second one is for locking the bold in the desired elevation position.
You can see the Accu-Shot web site for brochure (User guide).

How I used this one: I just setup the elevation to medium for Accu-Shot, and when I am in the field, I just use the bipod for front rest, and ... when I have time I can play with elevation from monopod (accu-shot).
On quick shots - I just leave the accu-shot how is (at medium position) and just drag the rifle back till I am in the right elevation. (In normal shooting situation your bipod is on vertical position without the angel between stock and soil, at 90degree) but on quick shoots, when you do not have time, just pull back the rifle,till you have angle between your bipod and stock (90-45 degree).
That's is how I use this on the field.
Of course when the games is far away, past 500 yars you willl have enough time to get the right position and you can play on small adjustment with your Accu-Shot)
Don't worry about damage your stock, or accu-shot, because till now I shot lots of ammunition, and without damage. (except some scratches on the protection cap = where the accu-shot make contact with the ground).

Thanks
Chris

Sir, Thank you for the info. I am starting my LRH career with a .300 RUM (Sendero) too! This is great news for me. I am going to go ahead and try out the accu-pod thank you again. You don't work for them as a salesperson do you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
-Critter

Dear Critter,

HAhahahahha, this is a good one.
NO WAY! I DO NOT WORK FOR THEM!
You make me lough! I'm a simple person like you, who just purchase Accu-Bond from them... and from that time I'm A HAPPY GUY!
Before you order, just go online to accu-shot and do a little research to find the right size of Accu -Shot device what fits your rifle shooting position, and your bipod.
What I did, I just calculate the right distance from the rear stoc to the ground and add some extra up and down movement.
For me the BT05 is the right one.

Have a nice day
Cris

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.