A5 flush cup and stud question.

wildworks

those that have A5s did you have a flush cup and a stud for the bipod on the forend or just stud, or cup??? I have the stock ordered with flush cups but was now wondering about the sling stud for bi pod.

thanks

wildworks:

I have 1 stud up front for the bipod and then 2 flush mount cups for the sling, one front and one on the buttstock. You have to have the stud for the bipod and you could use studs for the sling also. I just like the looks of the flush cups when the sling is removed.

Make sure of the spacing for the front stud and flush cup because it can/will be different if you have a fixed or a swivel type bipod with PodLoc.

I had a stud put up front for the bipod. I then had two cups put on each side of the forearm and two on each side of the butt and one on the bottom of the but where a standard stud would be. The ones on the side allow me to carry a my 17 lb rifle without the bipod, scope etc. digging into me. The left side of the rifle rides flat against my back. So far I like it very well. The jury is still out though. After a few more hunting trips I'll know how good this is going to work.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.