A question about dialing in MILS.

But beside that, mrad has no bearing in linear math anyways, but for some reason it seems to align in metrics.
It aligns because it is a "base 10" system. 1 mil is exactly 1"something" at a distance of 1,000"somethings.

A mil is:
1 inch @ 1K inches
1 meter @ 1K meters
1 cubit @ 1K cubits
1 mile @ 1K miles.
etc...

The OP's scope is indeed in .05mil graduations therefore all his click counts will be double. Just like using a 1/8 moa scope vs 1/4 moa.

Although, I agree that this scope wasn't meant to be dialed. The fine graduations in this instance are meant to achieve finer resolution on the initial zero. This scope (if it is the one I think) was meant to use the reticle for holdovers.

Last edited:
It aligns because it is a "base 10" system. 1 mil is exactly 1"something" at a distance of 1,000"somethings.

A mil is:
1 inch @ 1K inches
1 meter @ 1K meters
1 cubit @ 1K cubits
1 mile @ 1K miles.
etc...

The OP's scope is indeed in .05mil graduations therefore all his click counts will be double. Just like using a 1/8 moa scope vs 1/4 moa.

There you go. Base 10 system is a term I never heard to explain mils fitting into 10s. Guess it's never to late to learn something.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.