Question about a Gun

Ferrell

I had a 257stw built for me recently and have a couple questions
I am buying 7mmstw brass and have a rcbs FL die set
The gun is chambering shells very smooth and shooting great
But when i am going to eject shell it is not wanting to come out
A few of my buddys have had these built and are shooting 77gr of rl22 with a 100gr nosbt First thought was that load was just going to be hot thru my rifle
but after loading down to 65gr of powder I am beginning to think something is wrong with my gun I have used a caliper on the brass before shot and after shot and am not finding the culprit I don't know if it would have anything to do with the seating of the bullet or not but I am seating the bullet right to wear the bolt closes smoothly

Thanks for any help in advance

Ferrell,

Once you get the spent case out of the rifle are there any scuffs or scratches on the case that might be getting transfered from the chamber to the brass. If so your chamber needs some polishing. I am making the assumption that since you have came down so for from 77 grains that it is not a pressure problem. It is hard to say without having it in my hands. If it was me I would grab your smith and have him shoot it with you so he can see first hand what is going. kind of like a mechanic test driving a car.

Good Luck, JRW

I don't think there is factory ammo out there for this cartridge "I could be wrong" I am sending my gun to the gunsmith this weekend if I don't get it figured out Thanks for all the feedback

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.