A Minnesota Deer Covereed In Warts

Wedgy

deer1.jpg
deer.jpg
deer.jpg
Poor guy, I hope he gets some relief soon.

An unfortunate deer covered with tumors has been caught on camera by a photographer in southwestern Minnesota.
Julie Carrow posted images of the deer on Facebook on July 25. “This to me is just heartbreaking,” she wrote, noting that she had contacted wildlife officials. “Hoping this post will help this little man,” she added.
Citypages reports that Carrow was photographing senior portraits in Pipestone when the wart-covered deer wandered by.

Minnesota Department of Natural Resources told Citypages that the deer was suffering from a very bad case of fibromas. “They are popularly referred to as skin tumors, or simply warts,” the Department explains, on its webs
Fibromatosis, however, is not a cause of deer mortality, according to officials, who added that the disease is not known to infect humans. The Quality Deer Management Association notes that particularly dense fibromas can impact a deer’s eyesight, breathing, feeding or mobility, which can leave them more at risk for predators.
“Its main significance lies in the consternation and concern experienced by the hunter who shoots a deer covered with ugly-looking lumps,” the Department says. “Though they don't harm the meat, fibromas are repulsive to most persons and therefore render a fine trophy aesthetically undesirable.”

Don A Parsons

Sad indeed,,, but this is part of the cycle of life... We see lots of crippling things on furry critters in our parts...

3 legged Grizzlies,,, Deer and Moose... Deformities and of such...

Yes it is awful that this occurs,,, but the cycle of the food chain will continue with or without human intervention...

Lifes lessons for us to be aware of fore sure...

TangoOscarMike

I know that laws are laws, but I would put that deer down and burn the carcass. I'm not letting that thing run around with the rest of the deer in my area if I can help it.

Jamesonj

Saw one last month in Georgia, although not nearly as bad as the one in the picture.

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce