A little help please

Ksduckhntr

i am having trouble with with my scope, ring and mounts being to high for a comfortable sight picture. I have a NF shv, NF ultralight 20moa picatinny rail and vortex pmr low rings. Using this combination, it places the scope higher than what is comfortable for multiple shooting positions. The rifle is a Remington 700 in a McMillan gamescout. The stock is very comfortable and gives me a low cheek weld. Any suggestions on bringing the scope lower so I don't have to hold my head so erect?

46B3C942-7B9D-41EE-A82E-0497560E4097.jpeg This is a what Defensive Edge sells. I am happy with it.

I have thought about removing the 20moa rail and doing a 0 MoA rail but am unclear how much it will lower the whole set up. I will consider other mounts if there are suggestions. I would like to keep the rings as rugged/consistent as possible. I have plenty of room between the 42mm objective and the barrel.

i am having trouble with with my scope, ring and mounts being to high for a comfortable sight picture. I have a NF shv, NF ultralight 20moa picatinny rail and vortex pmr low rings. Using this combination, it places the scope higher than what is comfortable for multiple shooting positions. The rifle is a Remington 700 in a McMillan gamescout. The stock is very comfortable and gives me a low cheek weld. Any suggestions on bringing the scope lower so I don't have to hold my head so erect?
I use TPS ultra low rings and if thats not enough I put a Bradley Cheek rest on the stock. They are fully adjustable and removable.

R700 SA
Bartlein #3b fluted
McMillan Game Scout
Seekins 20MOA Picatinny rail
Seekins 34mm "low" .92" rings
S&B PMII 5-25×56 DT
TacOps cheek pad brings it up perfectly. I have a bit of extra pad under the cheek rest. Comfortable, warm in the winter, holds ammo and a drop chart or tag in a pocket.

I had they exact same problem, I was using Vortex low, then went to TPS super low. That's the best I could do the bell was almost touching the rail. I had an after thought? Depending how big your windage turret is, you might have problems ejecting shells, if they hit the turret?

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.