98 mauser 300wm accuracy

Pa Grizz

I built a 300 wm from a 98 mauser action with a DOUGLAS SUPREME barrel.It would shoot 200 gr Sierra boat tails under half inch group all day.I bought some Hornady's mag loads to see how much faster they were and how accurate.First 3 touched.After that they went all over.The gun has never had good accuracy since.I have checked head space.I have poured the chamber and all measurements are right on. Does anyone have any idea's on what I need to check next

Scope mounting...did you "bed" the mount?

Mine came loose a week before my Aoudad hunt..VZ-24 BRNO trued 26" Varmint barrel from Douglas as well.

I plan to bed mine and might just go ahead and epoxy it to the receiver.

Scope mounting...did you "bed" the mount?

Mine came loose a week before my Aoudad hunt..VZ-24 BRNO trued 26" Varmint barrel from Douglas as well.

I plan to bed mine and might just go ahead and epoxy it to the receiver.
First thing I did was make sure everything had a good fit and was tight

I forget the caliber right now, but I know a guy who shoot bench rest competition. He told me he has one rifle that shoots bug hole for roughly 100 shots then goes all over the place. I personally have never seen a rifle like that, but have you did a deep copper cleaning and then shoot it?

I forget the caliber right now, but I know a guy who shoot bench rest competition. He told me he has one rifle that shoots bug hole for roughly 100 shots then goes all over the place. I personally have never seen a rifle like that, but have you did a deep copper cleaning and then shoot it?
Yes .I used 7.62

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.