90 yard sight pin ready for deer season

Here is another friendly competition. My boys love watching Chris Bee. They saw him shoot at Des Moines when he was younger. The gal with the recurve is impressive too.

Enjoy your kids NOW! They grow up fast.
Here is one they did two years ago with zero help.
They grow up fast.

Well I took the boys to their first actual scored 3D event. I had to switch out their sliders for multi pins. My 10 year old shot from some white stakes that were 20 yards and under with unknown distances. There were 40 targets, and he took 1st place with a 353. My 13 year old entered in the male bowhunter category which went up to 35 yards with unknown distance. He ended up taking 1st with a 381 in it. We all three were pretty shocked, mainly due to the fact they had to guess distances. I kept my mouth shut because I didn't want to be the guy who guessed the distance wrong.

So on the way home I told them we were done going to shoots. This way when they get old they can tell their kids they were undefeated in 3D archery when they were younger.🤣🤣🤣

Latest update.

This has been a whirlwind. Our 4th 3D shoot was an ASA state qualifier. Our fifth shoot was the state championship. My 13 year old managed to pull off what I imagined was wishful thinking.

D54956FA-6BB4-4553-BACD-FC6C8A3D2E0D.jpeg

That's quite the accomplishment regardless of age! Consistent form and execution are by far the most important aspect. Hit up a TAC (Total Archery Challenge) for one of the best 3d experiences and to challenge yourself in some tough hunting scenarios.

In less than two months we have went from never having been to a shoot to pulling off a state title. Tackett has taken 1 st in 4/4 shoots. Two of those he competed in the men's class and still won them. Wyatt has taken 1st in 3/4 shoots. The state shoot was the only one he didn't take a first in, and he had a massive case of piston ivy the entire week before. Both eyes were swollen shut so he couldn't shoot until the night before.