• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

8lb Reloder 33 @ Natchez

mfran615

This stuff is getting expensive quickly.

To be fair, if you're shooting a big boomer that takes 100gr of this and the price rose $20/lb, the cost per shot only rose 29 cents on the powder. I know, the little things add up, but would you prefer to not shoot for the extra 29 cents a shot? I don't know of many folks that would run through enough rounds on a big boomer like that where it would really change the cost of a range trip by a substantial margin. It just hurts paying it all at once for a keg!

Thank you for the heads up OP!

RL16- and RL 17 in stock too, there, but you wont find a **** thing using the "in stock" button on Natchez. Worthless.

Its gonna get worse again. I just read representatives from Missouri are pushing back on an effort of the Federal Govt. to close
Lake City Ammo Plant to Commercial sales to the public. This one is a fact.

Also, see where a back door effort to limit ammo available to the public is being rumored by having Federal Agencies like the IRS,
The forest service, and all the other govt. agencies with officers make mega purchases of ammo, way in excess of what they will ever really need in order to limit ammo to the public. This one is possibly a rumor??? Don't know, but dont discount it.......given everything else out there. Costs up. supply down, what else is new?

@Veteran
I know the first one is fact.
I have friends in gov agencies and they have always debunked the second one. Many of them were restricted on how much ammo they were issued during the Covid shutdowns as well.

@Veteran
I know the first one is fact.
I have friends in gov agencies and they have always debunked the second one. Many of them were restricted on how much ammo they were issued during the Covid shutdowns as well.
Yes, second one may be rumor.

First one is a fact. Lake City makes a lot of 5.56 ammo for Winchester and others who market to civilians. The effort is to cut off or limit supply of 5.56 ammo to the public. 500 jobs also at stake there

Of course, just because guys on the line in these agencies dont see the ammo actually issued to them doesnt mean the agencies arent buying it all up either.

It just gets done invisibly at high level and put in warehouses maybe..
Who knows....

Probably preparing for coming shortages. Place I used to work for typically bought ammo a few cases at a time. Once the shortages hit they started buying pallets.

I've been dating a lady whose ex is the district head......
She said he 'always' got crates of ammo
...and had crates stacked in the garage...
..a hwy patrolman with possibly hundreds of thousands of rifle and pistol ammo...that 'we the people' paid for.....
It's time for the ammo manufactures to shutoff sales to the 'hidden agencies'..protect themselves from becoming the 'government pawns'
If the government wants ammo they might as well open a factory on 'our dime' too........

I've been dating a lady whose ex is the district head......
She said he 'always' got crates of ammo
...and had crates stacked in the garage...
..a hwy patrolman with possibly hundreds of thousands of rifle and pistol ammo...that 'we the people' paid for.....
It's time for the ammo manufactures to shutoff sales to the 'hidden agencies'..protect themselves from becoming the 'government pawns'
If the government wants ammo they might as well open a factory on 'our dime' too........
The government has opened many factories they own on our dime already......like Lake City in Mo.

Other times they just tell Winchester or Olin we're buying all your output.
On our dime too.