84"+ Wy speed goat

Well today was day 60 of drying! Had alot of shrinkage 7" worth so he only officially scored out at 77 6/8" gross and 75 net.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231202_154027_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20231202_154027_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Nice goat. I have a Zermatt Origin (Short Action) I'm thinking about putting a 6.5 PRC Proof Prefit on, with the same Hawkins Hunter BM and Magazine. Looks like yours turned out just fine in a short action? I have a lot of RL26, 140 Berger Elite Hunters , and Lapua Brass I'd be using.

Nice goat. I have a Zermatt Origin (Short Action) I'm thinking about putting a 6.5 PRC Proof Prefit on, with the same Hawkins Hunter BM and Magazine. Looks like yours turned out just fine in a short action? I have a lot of RL26, 140 Berger Elite Hunters , and Lapua Brass I'd be using.
Yes I didn't have no problems with the short action with it. I will say that the Proof prefit speed up alot after about 120+ rounds through it. Started out about 2930 FPS so keep that in mind. Good luck with your build

Well today was day 60 of drying! Had alot of shrinkage 7" worth so he only officially scored out at 77 6/8" gross and 75 net.
tis a heck of a nice goat, I'm for guessing that you really didn't have 7" of shrinkage (never heard of anything remotely close to that). The fly in the ointment was the left side D3 measurement. More than likely was taken in the wrong place.

Toss out the scores unless one is playing sports, this is one heck of a goat irregardless.

tis a heck of a nice goat, I'm for guessing that you really didn't have 7" of shrinkage (never heard of anything remotely close to that). The fly in the ointment was the left side D3 measurement. More than likely was taken in the wrong place.

Toss out the scores unless one is playing sports, this is one heck of a goat irregardless.
Thanks, it's looks like it was at the D3 It's wierd both the taxidermist and me had the same measurement there??? Anyways he'll look great on the wall oh and saved me the $40 bucks to enter him in Boone and Crockett.