8 Hogs Down, Standing, Walking, Running, Head and Long Shots

Double Naught Spy

I was able to return to a property that was made off limits during deer season, but the hunters filled their tags and I was granted access anew to work on the hogs. Apparently, nobody has pressured them in several weeks...until last night.

The last hunt of the night was on a property I have hunted for a couple of years. It isn't particularly large, only 80 acres or so, but the cattle operation keeps it in a park-like condition with good visibility. The only down side are the cross fences for the cattle operation and some of these are 8 strand fences that you don't want to try shooting through, lest you hit one or more wires. And of course, I spied hogs, just on the other side of one of these fences...

You do have hogs in Oregon, just not as many and for that you really should be thankful. You know, the only reason I got into hunting was because hogs invaded a property I own and started doing damage. Yes, they can be enjoyable to pursue and there is a great sense of satisfaction in knowing that you are doing good for the landowner, but at the same time, it would just be best if the problem wasn't a problem.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.