7mm wsm data

bubba36x

Hey how's it going, well I have a project at the gunsmith and need some load data.
The rifle consists of a 7mm wsm chambering with a 1/8.4 twist 27imch varmint contour barrel. I am using a badger drop box mag so that will be my mag length.

My question is I'm curious what kind of velocities I can expect with three bullets.
180gr vld
168vld
162amx
I'd just like to hear what kind of velocities you all are getting with a similar combo. I also would like to know your load so I know what I'm looking at for powder and bullet set up. Thanks for your time

I use 1:9 twist on most all the 7MM WSM I build and generally speaking with 180 bergers we are getting 2950-3000 with the Wyatts box giving us that .100 extra powder space.
This has been one of my most popular builds over the last year for all around hunting guns.

Good Luck with your new stick

I shoot a 7 wsm with 168gr berger vld hunters 70gr retumbo 24" barrel chono at 2940. C.O.A.L 2.865 it shoots 3" at 700. Got the 180s havent done any thing with them yet.

I would really like to get some h1000,retumbo,7828ssc loads. Retumbo has me curious because of the velocity gains. But I also like the 4% extra case capacity of the 7828ssc so any loads of either would be nice.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.