300 wsm load data ?

bones

Does any one shoot and have load data for the 300 wsm, I,ll be using sierra 175 or 190 bullets. - powder - primers
-

Winchester's factory 180's are loaded with 69 grains of standard Win. 760 powder - interesting that any handloader can duplicate that charge. Their lighter 150 grain bullet loads have a special blend of ball powder that we cannot get. I expect that they are using Win. magnum primers.
Since the factory ammo is so accurate I would definitely start with 760.
Good luck with the WSM.
ian

Thanks guys,
Also some else said they have had great luck with 71gr of Reloader-22 and the sierra 175 bullet.

Bones,

Also consider H380, H414, & W760.

Although I use varing charges of the above powders in my 338 WSM, the powders above pretty much shoot to the same point of impact in my custom Sendaro.

I have a 300WSM in Win Coyote Version. I rebedded the stock(Winchesters bedding was Hot Glue) and on my 3rd reload set punched a <.25 MOA group. Pretty impressed with my self and the WSM cartridge. But, this group was 66 grains of RL19 and 168 grain moly coated HPBT Match from Hornady, -10 mils off lands, not a hunting round. Haven't had a chance to work up a good hunting load, although the 150 grain ballistic silver tip from Winchester groups at .6 moa in my gun. good shooting.

Warning! This thread is more than 23 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts