7mm rum loads

den

does anybody have some data using surplus powders or other good loads for a bdl I still have'nt decided on a bullet for everything deer, bear elk any info appreciated thanx ;den

7 rum

I know the powder I settled on was IMR-7828 using Combined Tech. 140gr Silver tips. I will double check that if you really want the whole truth. Its 40 degrees and raining and load data is outside in the loading room.
-Also Retumbo printed good results too.
IMR 7828 would put 3 into a quarter (coin) and the Retumbo would be right there with it. Email me if you really want the whole load. Gun tested was a Rem.700 LSS (mountain rifle) w/grey lam. stock
[email protected]

I'm running 90 gr of IMR 7828SSC lit by the Fed 215GM primer behind a moly coated 150 gr BT in my 26" Rem LSS for 3375 fps and half inch groups at 100 yds. Killed a whitetail buck at 53 yds last year, shattered the near shoulder and exited the other side about the size of a 50 cent piece. Pretty impressive performance for the BT at that impact velocity. Haven't tried any other bullets, got those cheap.

I'm using Retumbo and 7828 under Hornady 162 SST's or 139 BTSP. 162's are running 3320fps and are the most accurate out of the two. Going to try some 168 and 180 Bergers soon.

den, try 5010 pulldown. It's by far the most consistent powder I've used in the 7mmRUM, and does very well with projectiles from 154 - 176 grains. 'Bout $5 a pound too. Magnum or standard LR primers will do. Mine's mainly a target piece, but I've dispatched whitetails out to @ 1/4 mile with ease....

thanks for the info , has anyone used wc 868 i just ordered some pretty cheap . right now I am goin to try sierra sp bt gk 160s w/rl 25 bullets were about the cheapest I should have got speer with a better b.c :)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.