7mm RSAUM on a long action

Slim_T

Looking to build a magazine fed 7mm RSAUM on a long action to allow long bullets seated at the lands. Looking to use either AI mags or Wyatt's mags.

My biggest concern is the shoulder position of the RSAUM in the longer magazine. Anyone tried this? Any thoughts?

Slim, I was thinking the same you are. long action and seat the 168 or 180 out. but I was warned on this feedubg and so I contacted Wyatts and Kevin (I think) emailed that it was iffy with the pushfeed action. so,,,,my choice is to go with a bottom metal change and then a AI or similar detachable mag...or go with a perfect 7mm rem mag reamer a friend will loan me and no feeding issues. Since I am just waiting my turn in Longrifles 700 group buy on the hide. I will go with the rem mag. the only other lead I wanted to contact on this was LA precision as they have a couple 7mm rsaum reamers and I think they built a couple and likely have some insight.

Good luck and let us know

Idahoorion

Kevin Cram at Montour County Rifles built one for me on a long Action and a Wyatt centerfeed mag. works wonderful.
Tim

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.