7mm rem mag sendaro what new barrel to go with??

Turn it into a prc? Are you looking for just a drop and go replacement? I personally like the looks or carbon barrels, especially since you can get them fatter and lighter than a steal barrel, but you might be limited on contour if you just want a drop in. A nice fluted steal barrel are pretty too

Have a sendaro 7mm rem mag that I need to put a new tube on wanted to get some info on what I should do??
Thanks!
I have recently re barreled, or built rifles using Shilen barrels, purchased at Northland Shooters supply. Believe me when I tell you that they are accurate. They also Have Remage barrels, in Critetion. I have 4 rifles with Shilen barrels on them, and they are all sub 1/4 minute shooters. Ask for James. He will hook you up.

IMG_2517.jpeg

Did this Proof CF on one for a really good friend of mine. 7mm Mag right back with a 8" twist. First 3 shots test firing with Hornady ELDX went into one hole at 100 yards. Just giving you a visual. If it were me......I'd go back all steel Remington Varmint with a Brux barrel your choice on length. Just don't do it in the PRC version.

My preference in barrels is Bartlein, Krieger, and Brux. I have all three and all are superb shooters.
Oh, I've had a few Brux's barrels, that are hummers as well. I've just had a great run on Shlilen of recent. I had rifle with a Schneider barrel, that was amazing. It NEVER FOULED.

Last edited:
View attachment 533112

Did this Proof CF on one for a really good friend of mine. 7mm Mag right back with a 8" twist. First 3 shots test firing with Hornady ELDX went into one hole at 100 yards. Just giving you a visual. If it were me......I'd go back all steel Remington Varmint with a Brux barrel your choice on length. Just don't do it in the PRC version.
Nice rig bro! Love the Proofs.

If you liked the balance, weight and performance of your original pipe, do another.!
You can always do some light fluting for a different look.
Or do a #4 Bartlein for the same overall weight, with more concentrated toward the breech end.

I will only add this, my buddy said he loves the balance and feel a lot more with the proof. It did lighten it up some and and the balance shifted more to the middle and back to the shooter. I did like the feel of it for sure. I even pondered the idea taking a 300 win mag sendero I have like it and putting a CF on it.

If going with a 7RM again, go 8" twist and 28"-30" barrel.
All of my own builds prior to Jan 2022 had 29.5"-30" barrels with faster twists and all were built surrounding the REM 700 Sendero II platform. Built switch barrels in 6.5-300 Bee, 264WM, 7STW, 300WM & 300RUM. If you want to stay with a 26" barrel, it will obviously work, but you lose some advantage with that length.
As to barrels, over in your neck of the woods, I like Bartlein and Brux, but I have used both Hart and Lilja in the past.

Cheers.