7mm Rem Mag and 154 gr Interbond

Dang, I have been waiting for years to hear that someone has made the 139/154 Interbonds shoot. I tried very hard in the 7 RUM and some in the 7 WSM with no luck at all. I could never get them to group.

I guess I will have to wait some more ...

Jerry Teo was a big Hornady bullet shooter, maybe he will comment ...

Use a bonded-core Accubond, Interbond, Trophy Bonded Bear Claw, Swift A-Frame, Barnes TSX, or Nosler E-Tip for the close shots. Any high weight retension bullet will be accurate enough for the close shots. Just about any bullet will shoot good enough to hit their vitals.

Use the Hornady Amax or some other frangible, but very accurate bullet for the long shots.

Carry the tough bullets in the magazine and chamber. If you get a long range opportunity, slide in one of your long range loads. The long range load is the one you'll have to work on developing in the effort to find utmost accuracy for the longer shots.

I primarily use Berger VLDs for long range, and Nosler E-Tips or Accubonds for closer range, according to the above methods.

Last edited:
Dang, I have been waiting for years to hear that someone has made the 139/154 Interbonds shoot. I tried very hard in the 7 RUM and some in the 7 WSM with no luck at all. I could never get them to group.

I guess I will have to wait some more ...

Jerry Teo was a big Hornady bullet shooter, maybe he will comment ...

The 140 Nosler Accubonds shot much better out of my 7mm Rem Mags than the 139 Interbonds. No comparison. Then I saw all the crooked tips on the Interbonds and gave up on them. I figured those crooked tips were shooting curve balls ... :)

I've got a partial box of 154gn SST's that I've had for over 3yrs. I have tried them in two different 7Mags, a Sendero and 700P, and neither has shot them worth a crap. They hover from .6-1.0". Not good enough when a 150gn Ballistic Tip will shoot into .2-.3" all day. JohnnyK.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.