7mm PRC on a Kimber 8400

Trentcamp

Looking for thoughts on building on a Kimber platform From anyone who has fooled with the Kimber action. I know the more popular options are Remington, Savage, or custom, but I'm a fan of the Mauser action and just had an 8400 in 30'06 pop up that I can buy reasonable. I know the bolt face would have to be opened up also. Not looking for the don't do it because of its too new or the 7 whiz bang is a better cartridge. Looking for legit advice on building a rifle. I appreciate any help.

Looking for thoughts on building on a Kimber platform From anyone who has fooled with the Kimber action. I know the more popular options are Remington, Savage, or custom, but I'm a fan of the Mauser action and just had an 8400 in 30'06 pop up that I can buy reasonable. I know the bolt face would have to be opened up also. Not looking for the don't do it because of its too new or the 7 whiz bang is a better cartridge. Looking for legit advice on building a rifle. I appreciate any help.
I have a Kimber 8400 in .30-06 that I had rechambered in .30 Gibbs. I am not sure if you have enough COAL to take advantage of the 7MM PRC. You might want to check with your gunsmith. Good luck.

7prc is supposed to fit in a long action with no problems, might have to adjust the feed ramp slightly but any decent smith should be able to do that. I've never messed with the action only mounted and bore sighted a couple for friends. They seem to be a solid enough, aftermarket stock availability maybe your only issue I've never looked for one.