kimber 8400 tactical

expensive, you could go with a custom for the same money. It probably shoots and if it is exactly what you want then I am sure you would be happy with it. I myself like everything to be exactly the way I want it and very few things come that way like guns, computers, cars, ect. I can't leave anything be, most people can but if you are one that can't then I would say go custom.

My local gun store had three of these come in and they all felt terrible. After cleaning the action and lubing them up, all three still felt like they had sand in them.

For the money, have Devin build you a custom rifle. If off the shelf is the way you want to go, look at a Tikka tactical.

My 2 cents

I had a chance to shoot one a while back. The guys that owns it is a tactical trainer so I take it he knows what he's talking about. He was not that impressed with it at first, groups in the 1" maybe a little bigger at times. The more rounds down it the better it started to shoot. This is shooting the factory Black Hill 175's. It was my first time shooting at 500 yards and if I remember my 5 shot group was around 4 inchs. I'm by no means a long range shooter, I'm half blind. I guess it would depend if you want a factory rifle or a custom? He also has a custom 7 mag. on a Rem. action we shot the same day. I would pick the custom every time, smooth as silk.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.