7mm on the 300 winchester

One thing I rather like about the 7-300 Win is that just changing a bushing and seater stem allowed me to use my large collection of 300 Win dies instead of paying for horribly over priced Lee dies.

The 7-300 also plays nice with 3.600ish"magnum mag boxes instead of changing to over-length boxes like the STW needs to get to the same place.

I like the STW and have a long history with it, but when my barrels and brass hoard are gone so are they.

I've worked with the Mashburn for 3 decades or so, have gone thru a handful of barrels. Also have some time in with the STW, 7 RM, 7 Wby, 7x300 Wby and so on.

For me, I like the Mash it just works for me. Many moons ago I was fortunate to get to know Hagel fairly well so I spose that might of had something to do with it.

Bottom line on all this we takes our picks and go with them.

Yeah I've had a reamer for many moons, it's been around a bit.

Winnie brass has done well for me, as has Horn and a few others. I have some Lapua that I've yet to try, sooner or later I'll get to it. Had my right shoulder replaced Feb 10 so shooting long guns off that side doesn't sound overly appealing to me...:). guess I'll mainly go lefty this year or have my suppressor added to it.

While your shoulder is healing, took mine a year, play with the Lapua brass as it may be much larger in the web. Lapua 22/250, 243, and 308 are larger on the web than American-made brass by about .002. This can make a huge difference in peak pressures where extraction can lead to a stiff bolt lift after firing.

I would love to know that Lapua brass dimension, and will compare that number to the new Winchester brass dimension....you may have some new Winchester, I am assuming that you do not. Mic the area on the leading edge of the belt.

I went to a side discharge muzzle brake after surgery, this reduced the recoil by at least 60%, and I do wear electronic ear muffs that I would never go in the woods without...a real advantage, boosting my hearing, TREMENDOUSLy. I love to rattle in bucks with a rattle bag and use a grunt hand call.

I can send you some Lapua cases to give a try if you wish, not sure I'll get to them this year

Do you have a micrometer? I sure appreciate your offer, but all I need is the measurement, and it may also help you. I have not ffl but have been building my own Benchrest rifles for a long time.

Keith

Sorry but I don't have a mic, what are you looking to do with this measurement?

And you can pm me if you wish