7mm on the 300 prc

There is a very recent thread about this but in short there is already someone on the hide doing it and I believe Barbour creek has their own reamer they are working on now

If I was Ruger or Hornady, I'd hold off. Both the 7 WSM and 7RSAUM are great cartridges, but neither took off. The short action 7s don't get the credit and support they deserve. I have a 7WSM. It's barrel is toast but I won't go back to 7WSM. I'm going to go to 7RM, simply do to there is industry support and you don't have to go for years without brass or by making it from other rounds. I like Ackley wildcats, but I don't want to deal with neck turning or reaming when sizing up or down.

If I was Ruger or Hornady, I'd hold off. Both the 7 WSM and 7RSAUM are great cartridges, but neither took off. The short action 7s don't get the credit and support they deserve. I have a 7WSM. It's barrel is toast but I won't go back to 7WSM. I'm going to go to 7RM, simply do to there is industry support and you don't have to go for years without brass or by making it from other rounds. I like Ackley wildcats, but I don't want to deal with neck turning or reaming when sizing up or down.

If you don't like neck turning or reaming then look at the new Sherman 7 Max. It's a 7SAUM blown out good ADG brass available through Rich Sherman just load and shoot just an option for you. Check it out Sherman wildcat cartridges it defiantly won't disappoint!!

7mm Rem mag just simply works, 2.5" case length. Long heavy bullets can be seated out long and still fit into just about any long action and magazine made. Even saami throated Chambers are still long enough for long heavies most of the time. Good case fill with multiple powders. The only thing anyone can belly ache about is the belt. So what? Yeah it really isn't necessary but I have no issues with it. If your in a pinch, you can go to any store that sells ammo and buy a box of 7mm RM and it's usually cheap. Good brass can be had at usually half the price of any other magnum case introduced in the past 20 years. I have some rifles that are very expensive to shoot due to brass cost and I still like them but you can't go wrong with the old 7mm rem mag. No, it's not a 30 cal. I'm all in for any new cartridge in 7mm. Just saying 7mm rm is cheap and easy to reload for. 180 eld shoots flat and bucks the wind as good as a 225 eld and better that a 147eld and I shoot all three of them.

Last edited:
A 7mm/300 PRC would be a little bit bigger than the 7 LRM, but probably not enough of a difference to matter.

7mm Rem mag just simply works, 2.5" case length. Long heavy bullets can be seated out long and still fit into just about any long action and magazine made. Even saami throated Chambers are still long enough for long heavies most of the time. Good case fill with multiple powders. The only thing anyone can belly ache about is the belt. So what? Yeah it really isn't necessary but I have no issues with it. If your in a pinch, you can go to any store that sells ammo and buy a box of 7mm RM and it's usually cheap. Good brass can be had at usually half the price of any other magnum case introduced in the past 20 years. I have some rifles that are very expressive to shoot due to brass cost and I still like them but you can't go wrong with the old 7mm rem mag. No, it's not a 30 cal. I'm all in for any new cartridge in 7mm. Just saying 7mm rm is cheap and easy to reload for. 180 eld shoots flat and bucks the wind as good as a 225 eld and better that a 147eld and I shoot all three of them.

A 7mm/300 PRC (or the LRM) would exceed the performance of the Rem Mag in every way. The only advantage the 7mm Rem Mag would have is factory ammo. I have to assume though that anyone interested in a wildcat chambering isn't going to be concerned with the availability of factory ammo.

Yes, I would love to see a 7mm prc hit the market. Would be the most sensible cartridge release in several years. Just got to wait for 7mm to be cool again. I'm not opposed to any in 284 cal.

Just got through with a 7mm STW. 180-eld loafing along at 3180 FPS & nice round fired primers. I'm favorable of anything 7mm caliber, 28 nosler, 284 win, 7mm-08, 280 etc... Im a die hard 7mm supporter.

Just got through with a 7mm STW. 180-eld loafing along at 3180 FPS & nice round fired primers. I'm favorable of anything 7mm caliber, 28 nosler, 284 win, 7mm-08, 280 etc... Im a die hard 7mm supporter.
I'm with ya. I shoot a 260 Rem and a 7 Rem Mag. I have about 40 guns in the closet and shoot them all. But when I go hunting I pick up my 260 Rem or 7 Mag.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.