7mm lrm

maddy

given a 25 inch barrel just how much do you really gain over a 7mm remington magnum with 168 and 180 grain bullets as far as velocity goes. i would love to rebarrel my 300 winchester magnum 700 action rifle but still on the fence on this for now.this rifle still shoots 3 shot groups under an inch at 100 yards with 180 grain sierras.it is my pipe line power line rifle.i have a 660 6.5 magnum for my woods rifle also.

given a 25 inch barrel just how much do you really gain over a 7mm remington magnum with 168 and 180 grain bullets as far as velocity goes. i would love to rebarrel my 300 winchester magnum 700 action rifle but still on the fence on this for now.this rifle still shoots 3 shot groups under an inch at 100 yards with 180 grain sierras.it is my pipe line power line rifle.i have a 660 6.5 magnum for my woods rifle also.
A 7lrm is a 7mm built on a 375 ruger case. Sends 180s at 3100+, it's not as big as a 28 Nosler in case capacity but it will get the job done. The only problem is that's it's a very small product and you might have issues with brass. If you can source dies and components I say go for it and see if you like it. Worst case is you shoot the barrel out of it and find something else to do.

If that's as heavy as you are going to go as far as bullets then you will gain more speed and better brass over the 7RM. How much depends on how you load the 7lrm. 7LRM is just a 7x300prc with a few unnecessary extra steps like finding 375ruger brass.

If a 180 is as heavy as you want to go then I'd look into a 7 sherman mega or 28 sherman magnum. 28 sherman magnum is essentially a 7x300prc improved with available dies.

Last edited:
Was one on my favorite and most accurate cartridges. However, like everyone has cautioned, finding brass will be very difficult at best.

You may contact Gunwerks for brass availability since they were the ones to pioneer this cartridge or you can contact Dallas Lane on how to form from 375 brass. Good luck.

By the way, the elk in my avatar was taken with a 7LRM and 180 Berger at 750ish yards in New Mexico.

The 7lrm that I have is one of my favorite rifles. Very accurate rifle. When I purchased the rifle got dies and a couple hundred brass. It's not a rifle that I'd use to just bang steel and etc. But for a hunting rifle I hope I have enough brass to last. It had a load worked up for it when I purchased the rifle. Shoots the 180 Berger at 2980.

Not sure i would rebarrel to a dying cartridge. Gunwerks, the originator, has stated they will stop supplying brass at some time.

The 7 prc replaces the lrm for them