7mm and Bergers

speedmaster97

Just bought a box of 7mm 168grain classic hunter bergers. I'm using H1000, 215m primers and new Remington brass. I would like some input on what you guys are reloading this combo at. I'm shooting a Browning A-Bolt 7mm mag with a 26" barrel. The berger reloading book states... starting load 62.5grs & max 69.5 grs. with the price an availability of the bullets I didn't wanted to waste a lot of them. Any input would be helpful thanks !!

The Hybrid's I've used have settled in nicely anywhere from .030-.060 jump and weren't really picky anywhere within that range. I'm not sure how that will work with your plans for running them from the magazine or not. That will be something you have to decide on.

As far as powder charge, no one without access to your gun can tell you where your gun will settle in. H1000 is a good choice but I would load up from 63gr in .5 or 1 gr increments until you find your max for your gun. Don't rule out Retumbo if you have some laying around either. Most 7mag's really like it and settle in around 71.5 gr with the 168's. Again start around 68gr with that combo and work up safely.

Don't know what your expectations are for the rifle but an OCW test is good practice.

I run the 168 classic hunters in a Tikka T3 with H1000 and CCI 250 primers. My weapon like the .060 jump the best, and 70.5 grains--this is what my gun liked, use caution working up to this load.

I run the 168 classic hunters in a Tikka T3 with H1000 and CCI 250 primers. My weapon like the .060 jump the best, and 70.5 grains--this is what my gun liked, use caution working up to this load.

This powder charge is real close to what we have used in many 7mags with great success. 70 grains to 70.7. Play with your seating depth but most rem 700's liked .025-.031 off lands.

Just bought a box of 7mm 168grain classic hunter bergers. I'm using H1000, 215m primers and new Remington brass. I would like some input on what you guys are reloading this combo at. I'm shooting a Browning A-Bolt 7mm mag with a 26" barrel. The berger reloading book states... starting load 62.5grs & max 69.5 grs. with the price an availability of the bullets I didn't wanted to waste a lot of them. Any input would be helpful thanks !!

Howdy,
I use this bullet in 7WSM with H1000. I use the maximum load mentioned both in Hodgdon and Sierra. I've found with my 26.5" barrel, that best groups are at .030 to .035 off the lands. I've also seen that G7 bc is about .291 or so. Use a straightened paper clip to make sure each hollow point is opened!! They shoot really good!

Coach

Yup. This is right in the sweet spot with 168s and H1000.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts