7mm-300prc build

Brandon Winterholler

Hey guys, I have found a little bit of info on this round, but haven't quite got all of my questions answered. Has anyone chambered a rifle in this yet? I see that PTG has reamers available to do it and talking with my smith he is pretty excited to give it a go and see what we can get out of it.

I am curious as far as necking this cartridge down, would a bushing neck sizer be sufficient to neck down the 300 PRC case and then just neck size on the next loading, or do you think it would be wise to have a FL sizing die built?

My plan at the moment is to run either 180 ELD-M's or 180 Berger Hybrids through a 28" Bartlein 1-8" tube. It is going to be built on a worked over post 64 M70 action.

Any input, ideas or thoughts on this cartridge would be much appreciated!

I've been shooting the 300 version now for several years and you should get 28 Nosler velocities. You should be able to just neck it down from a 300 but will eventually need to full length size to squeeze the base down. If someone is making bushing dies for the 300, you could just bush it down with about a .312 bushing in the 300 die and save buying custom dies.

I've been shooting the 300 version now for several years and you should get 28 Nosler velocities. You should be able to just neck it down from a 300 but will eventually need to full length size to squeeze the base down. If someone is making bushing dies for the 300, you could just bush it down with about a .312 bushing in the 300 die and save buying custom dies.
I hadn't thought of that, that would be a good option for sure.
I have been reading up on your improved version of the 300 and that is looking pretty slick, a 7mm version of that would be a fun project as well!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.