7mm 162gr. a-max for deer

tired

I know this has been discussed before but what happens to the bullet when it hits a deer?The only time i've used one was a last year slight qtr away shot behind the shoulder did not appear to exit went down and flopped like a fish(100yard 7 rem mag).In flesh how does the bullet expand?what type of exit hole should be expected for a broadside hit no bones?What about a shoulder hit? frontal?Will there be a difference between short range performance(100yd) to longrange(7-800). I'm looking for hands on not guesses so if have it please share

I have shot probably 6 to 7 deer with the 162 a max. They just kill. Long or short range. They put huge holes in things and cause very dramitic exit wounds. The only problem is meat damage, yeah they work that good. The a max is the heavist bullet that I would use in a 7mm to kill deer with. They expand well

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.