7mm 155 Gr Edge TLR

Korhil78

I have tested the Federals version of a longrange bullet quite a bit. Using the 7mm 155 Gr Edge TLR in my 7mm Sherman MAX. As far as the bullet goes, the base to ogive measurements are not consistent at all and can be off by quite a bit. Making seating consistency quite difficult and I would think decreasing accuracy.

I have shot these bullets at 100, 300, 500, 600 and 1000 yards. I have found that the bullet is not that consistent at 1000 yards at all. Accuracy was really good at closer ranges but once getting to 1000, the accuracy really fell off...a cliff. I'm thinking federals idea of LR and Berger's idea of LR are very different.

I'd say that the bullet construction is going to be very good on game at 600 yards and under. I will get two chances to check that out on elk this year but after that, I will be going back to Berger bullets.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. I didn't get too excited when Federal released them. I figured they weren't going to be the best thing since sliced bread, contrary to what Federal says about them. Federal makes hunting bullets and ammo, I don't see them producing Berger quality bullets overnight when they haven't been in the precision bullet game for more than a few years. It looks like a solid design, but in order for it to be considered long range and accurate, I think their QC and/or manufacturing processes need work.

Did a seating depth test at the very beginning. .010" off the rifling worked best and shot well at 100 yards. If you really want to be amazed at the consistency of those bullets, go measure the base to ogive in about 20 of them and see what you come up with.

I have them going an average speed of 3240 FPS.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.