Federal Edge TLR

WyoHunter1

Does anybody have any experience with the Edge TLR bullets either with loaded ammo or reloading?
I see they have bullets available in stock from federal besides loaded ammo.

Anybody been shooting them? Any results from killing game?

I called Federal in June and the marketing guy said " they are going to ship in mid July" I waited till August and then ordered some Hammer's
after shooting them I ordered more Hammer's and have forgotten all about the Federal bullets

I called Federal in June and the marketing guy said " they are going to ship in mid July" I waited till August and then ordered some Hammer's
after shooting them I ordered more Hammer's and have forgotten all about the Federal bullets
Good choice. mtmuley

Probably cant go wrong with the hammers.
I had Steve do load development with them on 1 rifle. I just haven't tried them yet.
I had him do a 28 nosler but I still have a 300WSM and a 300 WBY so I just wanted to try a second bullet for load development to try.
Might just still end up going with a Hammer any way.

The TLR is now in stock at Midway in 308 175 gn. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/4...ain-polymer-tipped-bonded-boat-tail-box-of-50

Will be available soon in 308/200 and 7mm 140 and 155.

This bullet should have great terminal performance near and far. Question is will they be accurate. Hope to see those reports soon.

Price is reasonable at $.80 per bullet. For a premium bullet that's not bad in my book.

PS: one review on Midway reports 1/4 moa from 300 RUM and 82% weight retention after passing thru 18 inches of wood at 90 yds. Not surprising given that the bottom half is solid copper and core is bonded. I'm really excited by this bullet. Seems like a near perfect big game bullet if the accuracy is really there.

PPS: The bullets expanded very nicely at 880 yds in ballistics gel when shot from an 18 inch barrel 308.

Last edited:
I tried a box of factory fed 300 WSM in my bar since I don't reload for that gun. 1.5' was best i could do with them. This gun shoots most factory loads around 1' so they didnt work in that load for me.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.