7mm-08 loads with 154gr SST, 139gr SST and 120gr Ballistic Tip

I
At this stage in my life, I find myself second guessing, and over thinking things, and sometimes get ahead of myself.
Then, you fall victim to the latest, and greatest, which sometimes puts you further behind, because you have no reference. I forgot the golden rule, Keep It Simple Stupid, thing and made things more complicated then they have been in the past. I knew about the fire cracking in the RL17, but forgot about it when I picked my powders. And as Murphy's law would have it, its the powder that is showing promise.
Oh well, to the books I go!
Again BRO, that's a stellar group!

Lol, you're not the only one, we just want to make sure when we pull the trigger the bullet will go where expected and do its job. I often find myself trying to get more velocity and then realize I'm not shooting a mile away and dont need it.

It's normal to want better but sometimes the bullets we use need to be kept at specific speeds for then to perform as required, others we definitely can push faster so we can reach out further.

Thanks again

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.