7mag with 165gamechangers or 175 eldx?

zr600

ok if you were to choose between these two bullets which would you pick? I'm trying to fine tune a new gun have 103 rounds done the barrel. Have shot with retumbo and h1000 have a little playing to do yet. Now how are either of these bullets on elk and deer does anybody have any experience with them? If these don't work I'll proably try the 168, 175, 180g Berger's I do have a 1.8 twist barrel. Been shooting adg brass.

With that 1:8" twist, I would opt for the 175 Elite, 180 Hybrid, or even the 184 F-Open Hybrid. Even the 195 Elite, but it will be slower out of the gate. The 180 Hybrid @ 2996fps is murder on elk from 60 to 882 on elk from my 7RM. Exit holes range from racquetball size (at 60 yards) to silver dollar size (at 662 & 882 yards).

I do run the 160 TMK and 175 Elite in my .280AI as well. The 160 TMK is wicked accurate and absolutely hammers varmints to medium game with a vengeance. But the 175 Elite is my elk/deer go-to bullet.

ADG is awesome brass. I use H1000 or RL23 in most 7RMs I load for.

ok if you were to choose between these two bullets which would you pick? I'm trying to fine tune a new gun have 103 rounds done the barrel. Have shot with retumbo and h1000 have a little playing to do yet. Now how are either of these bullets on elk and deer does anybody have any experience with them? If these don't work I'll proably try the 168, 175, 180g Berger's I do have a 1.8 twist barrel. Been shooting adg brass.

Before you go too far with the ELD-X, do you have a box on hand?

Weigh them & see how many are similar in weight.

I believe I'd go Bergers in 175.

Too Bad Accubonds aren't offered in regular form in 175...

I do have a box of the eldx on hand. Seems like you will get two in a hole then the third will go wild. And not be the same if you reload them and shoot the same load. I think I'm at the point I'm going to try some Berger's. I have 125 down the new barrel now so it should be settled in by now.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.