175 Nosler ABLR or 175 Hornady ELD-X

Short Case

Which of these two 7mm bullets do you like 175 Nosler ABLR or 175 Hornady ELD-X
I'm wanting to build a new rifle in 28 Nosler. These two bullets have different copper jackets

Last edited:
I went with the ELDX but have no experience the ABLR I must admit. The Hornady proved to be very accurate and load development was pretty easy using Retumbo. Its pushing around 3050fps. This will be my first year hunting the 28 Nosler so we'll see. I hunted with ELDX's some last year in a couple other calibers with good success.

I have both of these that I'm testing at the moment. I'll send some pics and info about them when I get home.

Tagging in. May get to go on a elk hunt this fall, it's between these two and the 160 Federal Trophy. Will be used in a 7mm RM.

I've shot both and had good luck with both. The Hornady is cheaper and has a little better doplar verified B.C.

I'd buy a box of both and let the gun tell you what it likes
That's what I though I would do. I have most of the parts wanting on the stock
I was thinking on using the 195 Berger but sound like they have some problems

That's what I though I would do. I have most of the parts wanting on the stock
I was thinking on using the 195 Berger but sound like they have some problems
I'm running 180 Bergers right now. Hoping in a week and a half I get to test one on an Aoudad

Both are great bullets and I have heard of great results on paper and in the field from both. My experience has only been with ELD-X's punching paper and I have had great results.

That being said I believe that in the past Nosler may have slightly overstated their published BC, while Hornady used very accurate Doppler radar to calculate BC's.

However, I do believe that Nosler may now be using Doppler radar to calculate their BC's and have since "corrected" some of their old BC's with new numbers.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.