770 yards prone from a bi-pod...

W

*WyoWhisper*

If you havn't thought about getting Chris M. to build you a rifle.. this may be the proof you're after..

770 yards prone, off a bipod... just about the Max range for hunting with a .308 Win.

AWESOME Chris!
P2243704.jpg

Fantastic shooting Ric. You and Quinn may have to try that one on some PD's. I got him simmering about shooting LR, a summer with you and that boy will BOIL OVER!!!!!

Maybe he can give me some pinters whenever he gets back???

Lee,

Yeah Quinn is gonna be bitten really bad.. especially after some of the guys come here in Aug and show him some awesome gadgets and toys... the first time he gets behind a big boomer capapble of 1500 yards plus.. he's gonna be head over heels with it...

I'll break him in easy and let him shoot the 308 until his eyes are bloodshot! That should build his confidence!

JB,

If I didn't know ya I reach through the computer and choke the living **** outta ya
grin.gif
wink.gif
.. I adnmit I missread the 5 mph wind when it should have been about 8mph!
and hey I spend to much money on bullets and powders so I don't have enough left over for targets!
shocked.gif

That was/is a 5" square I was aiming at....

Not bad for doping the conditions and squeezing off 3 shots...

I could go on and on cause I'm a little ornery about now.. check for a post under general discussion..

Hey, you gonna make it out here this summer?

grin.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
cool.gif

Ric--check out my "Snipers Hide Postal Match..." thread on SH--you might be interested (in the bear pit)

I cant wait to test mine out prone at longer distances (when the snow melts
mad.gif
--will prob do at 600 yards though--I like that number better than 770
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Probably a negative on the venture in august--I will be running into job problems right before then so I cant predict my job situation. Also, we are going away in july, so the woman wont be able to get away from work again in august. Some time though, I'll get out there. Maybe just to visit, or maybe what we talked about, but sometime.

JB
wink.gif

[ 02-25-2004: Message edited by: jb1000br ]

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.