7500 rounds on my 10/22

Lead bullets in a .22 barrel will last forever. Some people won't ever clan and accuracy only gets better.
To be truthful, I've only shot Federal when I got the gun and moved on to Cci mini mag when I could find them. Pandemic caused me to use most of my stash of both up. Resupply time. Always with copper plated bullets. Mostly 40 or 38 grain. If I remember right. (That's a tall order there). Ha, ha

Them there are rookie numbers.... well less so in these expensive ammo times.

I fish some really remote parts of Alaska, with long desolate run times. Never really was much of a TV guy, and didn't have the vices usually associated with my industry so we plink while we travel. For entertainment we shoot 22s at various flotsam and jetsam. The amount of random stuff floating out there can make a trigger finger sore.

Back in the good old days we once bought so much rimfire that the Toyota pickup it was loaded in struggled to drive it to Seattle where we loaded it on a north bound boat. While Toyotas aren't renowned for load capacity, exceeding it with 22 and 17 is still a point of pride.

I'll use the late summer season of 19' for example, we were gone 34 days fished 23 of them and left port with 2 1022s and just shy of 8k rounds. 1022 #1 took a headed off the dash when we caught a funky wave in a streak knocking out the red dot glass on the first day. We returned with half a box of mini mags and a partial box of the 42 grain hunting loads I was testing. Not sure what that correlates to in 22lr per nautical mile... but it has taught us things about 1022s.

That summer we learned that around d 6 k rounds the volquartsen takedown barrel began to peen and mushroom so bad it couldn't be pulled apart. Had to file a ridge every 2-300 rounds or it ceases to be a takedown. My own theory is that a firing pin wears out on a 1022 from bulk ammo around 22-26k, having had a few wear down and several chip around that marker.

We figure, we don't drink or smoke and while out don't commute or have any other forms of entertainment. Couple grand in ammo for a salmon season seems to keep everyone happy and tuned up for grouse in the fall.
I miss my hone state of Alaska.

Them there are rookie numbers.... well less so in these expensive ammo times.

I fish some really remote parts of Alaska, with long desolate run times. Never really was much of a TV guy, and didn't have the vices usually associated with my industry so we plink while we travel. For entertainment we shoot 22s at various flotsam and jetsam. The amount of random stuff floating out there can make a trigger finger sore.

Back in the good old days we once bought so much rimfire that the Toyota pickup it was loaded in struggled to drive it to Seattle where we loaded it on a north bound boat. While Toyotas aren't renowned for load capacity, exceeding it with 22 and 17 is still a point of pride.

I'll use the late summer season of 19' for example, we were gone 34 days fished 23 of them and left port with 2 1022s and just shy of 8k rounds. 1022 #1 took a headed off the dash when we caught a funky wave in a streak knocking out the red dot glass on the first day. We returned with half a box of mini mags and a partial box of the 42 grain hunting loads I was testing. Not sure what that correlates to in 22lr per nautical mile... but it has taught us things about 1022s.

That summer we learned that around d 6 k rounds the volquartsen takedown barrel began to peen and mushroom so bad it couldn't be pulled apart. Had to file a ridge every 2-300 rounds or it ceases to be a takedown. My own theory is that a firing pin wears out on a 1022 from bulk ammo around 22-26k, having had a few wear down and several chip around that marker.

We figure, we don't drink or smoke and while out don't commute or have any other forms of entertainment. Couple grand in ammo for a salmon season seems to keep everyone happy and tuned up for grouse in the fall.
I miss my home state of Alaska. A lot! Oops. Sorry for the repeat.

I've got a pretty kewl 10/22 story! in 1979 my girlfriend asked my dad to help her (we were 16) buy me a new 10/22 for Christmas. He did and took it apart, placed into three different boxes to keep me from guessing what it was. She had it all wrapped nice and pretty and I was WOW couldn't believe that she got me 3 presents.

I was shocked when I opened them, the family all had a huge laugh, one of the most AWESOME Christmases ever. Still have that old 10/22 and that girl ~~~~~~ YES SIR, sight right there on the couch reading one of her girlie novels!!! EVERY American should own at least ONE 10/22... I have others but that one is pretty special
Very cool story. Thanks. Takes me back...

I clean all my guns after EVERY range or shooting session. No exceptions!
Just went over 7,000 rounds in my RimX match rifle. I clean after every outing, which is usually 50-150 rounds. When you see your first couple shots on a cold barrel go off by as much as an inch at 50 yards you become a believer in keeping the old gunk from building up in the bore. Love my 2 KIDD 10/22's, what great shooters. Don't shoot my 2 Rugers much.