7 year old's first "Long Range"!!!

7mmSendaro

My 7 year old son just shot his first "long range" group at 300 yards. It was shot with a 22-250 Encore with a Boyds stock I shortened to fit him correctly. The group measured right at 4". It was shot using a sand bag under the front of the rifle, but none under the back. He was a pretty happy boy.....Dad and grampa were pretty pleased as well!

http://www.hunt101.com/img/511722.jpg
511722.jpg

Last edited:
7mmSendaro, your son will be hooked for life now. Tell him I said congratulations on the shooting. It provides a sense of accomplishment as well as a challenge to seek improvement. Not many things kids do these days can provide such encouragment. Not to mention the satisfaction of a proud father. Well done. Ken

Oh my goodness, the boy will be insane by the time he's 16 becuase he'll have no room to improve, I mean you can't shoot less than the diameter of 1 bullet hole with anything at any range.

Fantastic shooting.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.