7 SAUM build. Throat/freebore

Husky10

Looking at building a 22" 7saum SA with a bdl setup allowing me 2.990" of COAL. Wanting to run the 180 eldm or hybrids. Wondering how far out I should throat the barrel past saami? I think saami is around .220". Thanks!

Looking at building a 22" 7saum SA with a bdl setup allowing me 2.990" of COAL. Wanting to run the 180 eldm or hybrids. Wondering how far out I should throat the barrel past saami? I think saami is around .220". Thanks!
You don't have to "think", you can look it up on the SAAMI website. The free bore on a SAAMI chamber is .090".

My bad... I meant I was thinking about .220" for those bullets. I've anywhere from .180-220" but I'm wondering if it may be better to run hybrids at the 180 mark

Here is the print of my reamer. I had this made for a short action with a Wyatt magazine box. My freebore calculation was real simple and not for a specific bullet. Wyatt said their magazine was .110" longer than the factory so I lengthened the SAAMI freebore by .110".

Attachments

• 7 SWEANEY .200 FB.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 515
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.