7 PRC Build...your thoughts

If those numbers are repeatable in multiple rifles then it's a real sweet spot for capacity in the 7mm.

I'm trying not to jump on the bandwagon but that's very compelling numbers.
Ryan Furhman put out a good video on it. Ballistically the 7SAUM, 7PRC and 7RM are the sweet spot regarding case capacity and are all within 1-2 grains of each other (in his opinion). So it begs the question, what is so great about the 7PRC?

In my opinion nothing for the custom rifle builder. Run the 7SAUM on a medium length action, throat and twist it properly and it will *probably* be the most accurate of the 3 listed.

-or-

Run a 7Mag that has tons of brass, dies, etc…throat/twist it properly and it will outperform velocity wise the PRC.

For the guy that wants to buy a factory rifle and shoot factory ammo with heavy, high BC bullets, the PRC line offers a good bit for them.

Until the premium (ADG, Peterson, Lapua, Alpha) brass and die manufacturers catch up it's a fool's errand for a hand loader to go with the 7PRC.

If you are gonna go through all that, just get a 28 Nosler or a 7RUM.
Got both. LoL They both kick like a mule. I don't shoot them all the time. I find myself using my 7 MM Rem Mag and 168 grain burgers More than the other 2. I feel like our guns are close to our limits if that makes and sense. 3000 FPS is 3000 FPS. I dont think the bullet minds if it's a short barrel, long barrel,
long action, short action If it's pushing the bullet the same speed.

My dad really liked his 7-08 with 140s. I loaded him up some 162 grains before and he thought they were awesome. He couldn't handle much recoil. He was getting frail With his age. Sure miss him. I'd do anything to have him back.

I don't know if I'd turn a 6.5 PRC into a 7 PRC. Maybe a 300 PRC to a 7 PRC, that would be my path. Just my opinion. Best of luck.
Depends on what action you want/need to run and your speed requirements, 7-6.5 PRC properly throated and bullets seated out should still push a 180 to 2850-2950 fairly comfortably

Depends on what action you want/need to run and your speed requirements, 7-6.5 PRC properly throated and bullets seated out should still push a 180 to 2850-2950 fairly comfortably
I'd have to tinker with it before I made any claims on FPS, but I see what you mean.