7-300wm and 195 help!

HoytSniper60x

I've dug through the 7-300 thread and didn't find much. Possibly due to scrolling through the 1k+ posts and missing what I was looking for. Anyways...
Can someone recommend a starting load for Retumbo and RE-33? Even better if you have some experience with them. Currently using H1000 and just looking to try some other options.
Thanks!

Wish I could help you but my 7-300wm is still being built. How is yours set up? COAL, freebore, etc.
What loads and performance are you getting from the H-1000?

I don't have the exact details on hand... but I can give you basics.
Defiance Deviant Long Action - Bartlein Heavy Palma 1:8 @ 25" - APA Fat Bastard
Throated for the Berger 195s (bullet bearing seats ~.050 into neck should juncture).
I need to run the extra long accurate mags to use as a repeater (3.850" AICS). This gives me about .015-.020 to work with in the magazine.
Current load is 68.5 gr H1000, Norma brass, Fed 215 @ 2756 (800ft, 30 deg F) with absolutely 0 pressure.
I haven't played much with from what my smith recommended I start with. I worked up to 70 grains for grins but forgot the Magneto speed that day. Whoops. I know I can push it way more but didn't plan on it until I can get out to space where it would be helpful (likely this coming summer). Figured I'd at least get my load done now. Also going to try the new Sierra 197s and see what those do. I'd just like to know a starting point and rough maxes if possible.

I'm planning on running H-1000 or Retumbo. I've been told I can expect 2900-3000 fps, which is plenty for my needs. (28" barrel)

I have had two 7-300 barrels. I ran 180 hybrids at 3165. Run the ballistics. I can not see why you would want to run 195s. I know that is not what you wanted to hear but the 180s just outperform the 195s.

I have had two 7-300 barrels. I ran 180 hybrids at 3165. Run the ballistics. I can not see why you would want to run 195s. I know that is not what you wanted to hear but the 180s just outperform the 195s.
I hear that from time to time but every time i plug-in the ballistics out to a 1000 yards and beyond it's a tie on wind drift but the 195's hit with more energy. I plan to shoot both and see which the gun likes. I think if you can push the 195's fast enough they'll be better overall for hunting.

I am tagging in here :) ,,,I just got my reamer in for a 7mm-300WM Rogue. I had it done with a bore rider , I plan on shooting wc 872 on either the 180 or 195 my freebore is .220 so either bullet will be good. I single feed all my rifles :)
Also going to try the new Sierra 197s and see what those do. I'd just like to know a starting point and rough maxes if possible.
The sierra 197 is tipped so I dont think I would hunt with it, I have shot them in a 7 ultra rogue and they shoot really good. the wc 872 and r33 actually run the same weight charge in my ultra rogue, and believe it or not it is way cleaner that the R33. go figure

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.