6x47L and 95 Sierra TMK

Greasyspork

May be a long shot but is anyone here messing with these 2 together?

I started load development on mine last week and have had some not so great results, been shooting 2 shot groups to find a starting point and then trying to back the promising ones up with 3 shots, problem has been back up groups look like buckshot.

Been trying 39.5 - 40.5 H4350 with CCI450 primers.

Is the rifle a proven shooter with another load or is this a new rifle that you are just getting started with?

I think you're on the right track but need to work on a few more things to get what you want.

Find out how much free bore you have and how close/far from the lands you are.

Do a ladder test to find your max pressure load.

I'm assuming this is a custom so I take it you're looking for .5moa or so groups. If so, find out what OAL that gun likes as far as jump/jam and then shoot an OCW test. I recommend starting out with 4 different lengths - .010jump, .040, .070, and .120.

I've not shot the TMK's but I have a lot of experience with the 6mm Rem and 95gr SMK's and they shot great out of a factory rifle with a pillar bedding job. I was also using H4350.

It's a new rifle, the freebore is around .085, I seated a 95g tmk and sent it with the barrel and action to be chambered, boat tail sits just at the neck junction when touching the lands.

Really wondering about powder charges, I know what I'm using is on the low to mild end of what one would use for the 105 class bullets, been having odd issues and unrepeatable groups, wondering if I just need to go hotter with it.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.