6x45 and 55 grain hammer

Matt Tatum

I tried this in the ar-15 section but didn't get any response. I'm looking for a bullet to run in my 16" auto 6x45 for pigs. I was wanting to see if anybody has tried that combo. Was hoping that it would be fast and flat enough to use out to 200 or so. Thanks for any advice.

I tried this in the ar-15 section but didn't get any response. I'm looking for a bullet to run in my 16" auto 6x45 for pigs. I was wanting to see if anybody has tried that combo. Was hoping that it would be fast and flat enough to use out to 200 or so. Thanks for any advice.
Depending on barrel twist rate for shooting pigs out of an ar just use the 63 grain Sierra semi Point they work fantastic on pigs and a lot cheaper

I don't know if you are going to get much feedback on this. It is a fairly new bullet and I'm guessing not a lot of guys shooting this cartridge and pill. What are you trying to figure out?

I was trying to get a approximate speed. I could plug it into my app and see what kind of energy I would be getting on target. Also, if I was going to get pass through. Lastly, what powders people were using. I've been loading 8208 with the 70 gr blitzkings, was hoping it would be suitable for the 55's too.

I've used them, but in a larger cartridge (243AI) and got outrageous velocity (4k+).
In your cartridge, you should get 3k+ without any problem. As Steve said earlier, not much data yet because the bullet is new and not many shoot the 6x45?

You may have better luck on AR15.com or predatormastersforums.com

I use the 70 grain Blitz king with 8208xbr, another good bullet is the 70 grain Speer tnt, and 80 grain Sierra Blitz. All with 8208xbr. Have not tried any hammers in my 6x45. Probably have killed more coyotes and hogs with the 70 grain tnt than anything else because they are cheap and perform well in the 6x45.

Attachments

• 20180407_095406.jpg
    20180407_095406.jpg
    455.4 KB · Views: 50
Great bullet. Currently having a blast shooting groundhogs with my 243 Win and 6mm Rem. I did a little searching in QL with some likely powders (RL10X, H4198, H4895, IMR 8208 XBR and Lil Gun) and max loads are running in the 3140 to 3190 fps range from a 16" barrel.

Awesome, thanks guys.

Roy39a, have you used the blitz king on pigs? I have boat loads of that bullet and that's what I'm running in the gun currently with 8208. Being a ballistic tip I figured it would not do well on some of the bigger pigs we have here. It has knocked down a bunch of yotes though.

I will go checkout those other forums too. Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the quick load info, that's very helpful in making a decision.

Not that I remember, mostly the 70 grain Speer for hogs. 70 grain Blitz king for coyotes.