6mm Tejas help

shortyrange

On a whim, I purchased a 6mm Tejas rifle from an auction. I have always wanted to "get into" long range hunting.
The problem is... I do not have dies or ammo and I do not currently reload.

2 questions.
1. Is there a way to have some ammo made for my gun without dies or does anyone sell it?
2. How custom/rare is a 6mm Tejas?
Any information is greately appreciated.

Thanks!!!

On a whim, I purchased a 6mm Tejas rifle from an auction. I have always wanted to "get into" long range hunting.
The problem is... I do not have dies or ammo and I do not currently reload.

2 questions.
1. Is there a way to have some ammo made for my gun without dies or does anyone sell it?
2. How custom/rare is a 6mm Tejas?
Any information is greately appreciated.

Thanks!!!
There are a number of companies out there who will custom load for you even work up loads specific to your rifle. You'll just have to spend some time googling to find them.

If you have any friends that reload, dies are available here.

6mm Tejas

And Here.

6mm Tejas CH4D reloading dies | STROBL.CZ - Ammo reloading, shooting, hunting

Brass is not hard to come by since I think it's just a modified 6mm BR.

Give Scott a call at Cross Canyon Arms he should be able to help you out. They build all the Tejas calibers and I believe they sell custom ammo for it also.

https://www.crosscanyonarms.com/

Link to cross canyon arms. I had them do some work for me before. As posted above the Tejas from what I understand is there line of custom rounds. I see them every year up her in Utah at the gun shows. That is what they market and they make some custom rifles as well. They also do gun smithing work. Seem to be a good group of people there.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.