which 6mm would you choose

• 6mm Rem

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • 6mm Creedmoor

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • 6mm SLR

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
No the reasons they no longer shoot them was PRS put a vel limit. Those that use them for varmint still love them. But until a bullet with a bc and weight the creedmore can not push to 3200 as you pointed out there is no need so why go thru the forming when its added capacity can not be used.

My point was about barrel life and COAL. Many do not realize how much different powders can make to barrel life single vs double based etc.. As can pushing a case to the max pressure can shorter life compared to a larger vol case same vel but lower pressure.

When I look at what case I might want I look at the bullet, vel for a given barrel length, action, and possibly bolt face and then see what fits or what I can make.

I have to admit anytime I find a need to do forming I almost always will try to have a nice long neck of over 1 caliber. For a 6mm I find a .300 neck is about right but a bit longer is fine. I dislike sub caliber length necks.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.