6mm creedmoor brass

kirkeb

Anyone know where I can find some 6mm creed brass? I just ordered a barrel for my next build.

Keep looking! I've had my eye open for 7mmSTW brass and it's been unavaiable for some time, now. And, that cartridge has been around considerably longer than the Creedmores have been. I think Powder Valley lists it as "Pre-order". Order now, wait 'till they get it. The unavailabilty of many of the common cartridge cases has stopped/stalled many a build....

Don't folks sometimes neck down 6.5 creedmoor to make the 6mm version? I couldn't find any 6mm versions so I thought I'd try to find some 6.5. As often is the situation the brass is hard to find.

These days it seems you need to buy the brass, enough for ten years use then build your rifle accordingly.

Don't folks sometimes neck down 6.5 creedmoor to make the 6mm version? I couldn't find any 6mm versions so I thought I'd try to find some 6.5. As often is the situation the brass is hard to find.

These days it seems you need to buy the brass, enough for ten years use then build your rifle accordingly.
I'm afraid that is what is going th happen. When brass does start to become available, which will not be all cartridge cases at once, people will hoard it just like has happened wih primers, propellants and .22 rimfire cartridges in the recent past. There will be a few 'sitting' 1000(s) cases and many who'll still not be able to come-up with 50 or 100.

I went to Core Shooting Facility in the Florida panhandle with my buddy a couple of days after a two day gas gun shoot. There were buckets of 6.5 and 6mm Creedmoor once fired Prime brass on the ground for the taking. He has picked up enough brass to burn several of each calibers out. He is a member at Core and we shoot there about every 4-6 weeks for 2-3 days at a time. I can't figure out way they don't pick it up and sell it. Probably not worth there time the Military ,FBI, and L.E. train there so that keeps them busy.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.