6mm ARC with Berger 105 grain VLD hunting

I have done a lot of load development with the 6arc. You pretty much have two options, speed or temp consistency. If you want speed with a bit of variation it's leverevolution. Probably 28-30 grains. If you want temp consistency it will be varget, 8208xbr, benchmark.

I have done a lot of load development with the 6arc. You pretty much have two options, speed or temp consistency. If you want speed with a bit of variation it's leverevolution. Probably 28-30 grains. If you want temp consistency it will be varget, 8208xbr, benchmark.
I'm asking about the vld hunting bullets not which powder to use.

Since there is no data for that particular bullet, try the data for Hornady 105 BTHP or 103 ELDX and load the VLDs at
MAG length. Start low and work up. I use the bolt gun and it's easy to find what it likes.

What's the issue, put them in the case and shoot them. They are bullets you asked about the 6 arc and 105s. Seems like you know it all except how to put a bullet in top of powder and pull the press down.
🤦 I'm looking for load data with a particular bullet.
I'm not sure why thats so difficult for you to understand. If you don't have any then move on.

Since there is no data for that particular bullet, try the data for Hornady 105 BTHP or 103 ELDX and load the VLDs at
MAG length. Start low and work up. I use the bolt gun and it's easy to find what it likes.
Thanks, yeah I was looking at the hornady data for the 105 bthp but for the gas gun not bolt.
Any reason why you use the bolt gun data instead?

I'm not sure why thats so difficult for you to understand. If you don't have any then move on.
Load data includes powder. I included powder, but you said you didn't want that. Well what do you want then? What is your definition of load data?

Load data includes powder. I included powder, but you said you didn't want that. Well what do you want then? What is your definition of load data?
I'm pretty sure you know what load data is. No reason to be fickle.

6ARC is easy to load for, not finicky at all. I easily found MOA accuracy with most of bullet and powder combinations I tried from the 75grain Hornady to 112gr Barnes. Standout performers in my AR were Bergers and Varget, Rem 7 1/2 primer, Starline brass, bullets Seated to magazine length 2.260. I skipped seating depth tuning and dialed in accuracy using an EC Tuner brake on a 24" sanders armory barrel. 2630fps w/ SD 9 and a .8 MOA 7-shot group. LeverEvo got more speed but groups opened up. 8208, Varmint, AR Comp, CFE223, and LeverEvo worked well too. I asked Berger to send me load data a couple years ago, I have attached
you their Quick Load sheet.
I'm shooting the ARC in both bolt guns and Gas, bought my 9yr old Grandson a savage axis that shoots bug hole 5shot groups with factory ELDMs. When I saw that, I bought my self a Switchback, it's 1/2MOA shooter too. I would wish you good luck with load development but I know you won't really need it…that little 6ARC just works!

Attachments

• Berger 6arc reload data.pdf
    446.3 KB · Views: 186
I was giving it to you. Most people after someone recommends powder you tell them what you have, then people can give you more exact information. I gave you powder recommendations and you said you were not here for powder recommendations just load data. Well how is anyone supposed to know what powder you have if you don't say? Maybe you should learn how to be a constructive group member instead or what you are acting like.

My 6mm ARC AR.jpg

I agree with Dyson. The 6ARC has been really easy to load for. It has shot everything I have tried in it, sub-moa. I haven't shot anything on the light end of the spectrum, but 100, 103, 105 and 108gr bullets have all shot very well in my rig. I haven't shot the 105 VLDH but the 105 hybrid shot very well. I used Hornady gas gun data and extrapolated for bullet weight.

I was giving it to you. Most people after someone recommends powder you tell them what you have, then people can give you more exact information. I gave you powder recommendations and you said you were not here for powder recommendations just load data. Well how is anyone supposed to know what powder you have if you don't say? Maybe you should learn how to be a constructive group member instead or what you are acting like.
See post #10 and #5 for a constructive post and group member, instead of whatever the hell you are trying to do. Goodbye 👋

6ARC is easy to load for, not finicky at all. I easily found MOA accuracy with most of bullet and powder combinations I tried from the 75grain Hornady to 112gr Barnes. Standout performers in my AR were Bergers and Varget, Rem 7 1/2 primer, Starline brass, bullets Seated to magazine length 2.260. I skipped seating depth tuning and dialed in accuracy using an EC Tuner brake on a 24" sanders armory barrel. 2630fps w/ SD 9 and a .8 MOA 7-shot group. LeverEvo got more speed but groups opened up. 8208, Varmint, AR Comp, CFE223, and LeverEvo worked well too. I asked Berger to send me load data a couple years ago, I have attached
you their Quick Load sheet.
I'm shooting the ARC in both bolt guns and Gas, bought my 9yr old Grandson a savage axis that shoots bug hole 5shot groups with factory ELDMs. When I saw that, I bought my self a Switchback, it's 1/2MOA shooter too. I would wish you good luck with load development but I know you won't really need it…that little 6ARC just works!
Thank you sir appreciate the quick load data!