6.5x55 Quickload help

i8adeer

Can anyone run Quickload on a 6.5x55 Swede and 120 TTSX for me. I will use H4350 or H4831SC. I don't have the case capacity. COL 3.050. Winchester brass and Fed 210 primer. Rifle is a 700 Classic 22" tube

With the strong Rem 700 action you probably can't get enough of either of those powders in the case to be over pressure. On the safe side I have not shot any of those mono bullets which usually cause higher pressure and reach max pressure around 1 gr less that max for cup and core bullets. I shoot the small ring Mauser 6.5x55 Swedes and use 45 grs AA 4350 with 120 cup and core and 44 gr with 140 cup and core and according to Accurate these are max loads but are under 46000 CUP which is safe in the small ring Mausers. These load are very accurate and fast out of the 29" barrel M96s. If you have never loaded the mono bullets go and read the recommendations from their maker on how close to get to the lands. From what I have read they should not be loaded close to the lands.

Thanks RT. This load would be for my 14yo daughter. Her shots will average 50 yards with 150 max. I have loaded monos. The Barnes isn't my first choice for the Swede but I had a few laying around. I probably will probably abandon this project and go back to cup and core 140.

For a one bullet do it all for the Swede get some 130 gr Nosler Accubonds. They are really accurate bullets that expand easy but hold together and keep on trucking. For the average deer size game the 120 gr Nosler BT really works great. All of them shoot well and pretty fast with the 4350s. The plain jane 140 Sierra SP or Hornady SP works good on deer also.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.