6.5x47 load data

41.0 of H4350 with a CCI450 primer and Lapua Brass pushing a 140 RDF @ 2880 through a 26" Kreiger barrel.
That's a a hot load from my loading experience, my max load is 39.5 grains H4350 with the 140 RDF and 39.0 with the 144 LRHT… I have pushed it to that
The two x47's i've had, the trick has been sticking a berger, ELD, or scenar (any bullet i tried) over h4350 or varget (the only powders i've tried) and shooting. I have not tried any load combo with those components that didn't shoot well. In general, i've landed on berger/JLK 140s over 40.0-40.5 gr H4350 or 130 AR hybrids over 42.0 gr h4350. I like the 140 load better because it's not compressed.

Edit to add: Per the OP question about starting load for 139 scenar over h4350 - I'd say around 38 grains is where i'd start. Its worth noting that this case hides pressure very well and the loads I (and others) listed are likely above max pressure. When you start seeing charges exceeding creedmoor book max charge and velocity in a smaller case with less freebore it's pretty obvious that pressure is up there. I've never had issues with it but make sure to use primers with thicker cups.
great info! I agree, Loads above 39.0 grains are compressed with H4350 and 140 grain RDF and approaching if not exceeding 60k PSI

That's a a hot load from my loading experience, my max load is 39.5 grains H4350 with the 140 RDF and 39.0 with the 144 LRHT… I have pushed it to that

great info! I agree, Loads above 39.0 grains are compressed with H4350 and 140 grain RDF and approaching if not exceeding 60k PSI
When I built mine that was a common load among F-Class, I don't have any pressure issues but I also would say work up to it for sure.

Anyone running heavy projectiles (145+) in 6.5x47 "slow"? A trend in PRS is 65CM with 150+ projectiles going slow.

Seems counterintuitive to me.

I am certainly not the median representative as shooters go but I am not going to join in this frivolity.

I'm quite happy with the 6GT on the small case side and still enjoy shooting/reloading for the 6XC and the 6x47 Lapua. I'm also happy bringing out the 6.5 GAP 4S on occasion just to mix it up a little.

Enjoy the search!

:)

Anyone running heavy projectiles (145+) in 6.5x47 "slow"? A trend in PRS is 65CM with 150+ projectiles going slow.

I haven't but I've thought about it if I needed a rifle to make power factor in NRL hunter - need be be above 2640 FPS w/ a 144 berger and over 2440ish with a 156.
Seems counterintuitive to me.

Kind of agree on field unknown distance situations but for known distance where spotting impacts and getting wind calls right reigns supreme I could see where the slower velocity for spotting impacts and higher BC that results in equal or a little less wind deflection even with the lower velocity could work just as well as the 140 class bullets traditionally used.

Amazing how many times the Rem 7 1/2 primer produces tiny, tiny groups where the cci 450 will shoot in the upper 3's.

Standard reamers come in .123 Freebore and around .142 freebore which may account for some difference between rifles. I use the .123 Freebore with the 123g Sierra and it is supurb to say the least, with several powders.

With the.147 Freebore chamber, the 139-140g bullets love AA4350 with a Rem 7 1/2, amazing. We are shooting some pretty warm powder charges, work up, your barrel will tell you what is max because groups will go to pot.

The 6.5x47 Lapua will shoot such small groups, it is hard to measure the hole all the bullets went into!