6.5x47 all purpose suppressed 20"?

KPK

I'm struggling on the direction of a new all around rig. Originally I wanted a 20" 6.5x47 for a truck/farm gun. I get to over thinking and always go back to something more. 6.5 saum or similar. The fact is I feel like 800yds with the 6.5x47 should be somewhat easy to accomplish and if I think I'm gonna need longer I can grab the 26" 300 win mag with 230g bullets.

So......ease my mind with the 6.5x47. I know it will work great for a short suppressed hunting rig. Currently have a Manners EH5A, Rem 700 action, and PTG bolt with small firing pin on the way.

I know it's not a big time thumper like most of you guys run, but a 140 even at 2700 will hit pretty hard.

Do it or go bigger? Going to do a match gun in 6.5x47 too. Have a 6x47 and love the case. Ease of loading, recoil, etc.

I run a 22" 6.5x47 suppressed. I have run it on several shoots without issues past a 1000. It runs the Silencerco Omega, I also run a Harvester on a 26" 6.5x47. Without question the longer barrel is faster but for manuverability the shorter barrel rocks.

i think the rifle you described a 20" suppressed 6.5x47 would be a great truck/farm gun. I get to overthinking a new rifle a lot at times just have to remember what its intended purpose is and as you mentioned if you need to make a longer shot just pull out the 300 win.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.